Friday, December 12, 2014

WHAT? NEW COVERS??!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!! :) I feel like Anthem Lights haven't really been releasing anything new lately...but then I think about it and...it's actually been a lot by Joseph Stamper and Caleb + Kelsey!!! What did you guys think of the new covers?

So Joey covered "Jealous" by Nick Jonas and also made a Sam Smith mash-up. He's very talented and did a good job musically on both covers, but in my opinion, I didn't really care for the songs he picked. I think the theme and storyline in the mash-wasn't really moral, and that a few words in "Jealous" were not "O.K." in my book. But, that's just me. You don't have to adopt that belief? What did you all think? Let me know in the comments! :) Either way, he is just a really talented guy!




Two little things...did you all know that Joey Stamper was featured in country artist (who was also on X-Factor) Rachel Potter's latest single "Boomerang"? Here's the music video! :)



Also, Alan was an actor (one of the main ones) in Natalie Grant's new music video, "Burn Bright." He's also helping Pure Flix (makers of "God's Not Dead") with their newest movie. :) He tweeted that he was in Athens recently. Sounds like he's been able to travel to some cool places while making this film!



Next up, CALEB + Kelsey!!! They did a Christmas cover to "Baby, It's Cold Outside." Again, not my absolute favorite, but it's Caleb + Kelsey so... :D
What were your thoughts? :)


So I've been wondering, and I bet you all have too..."When is the 2014 pop mashup going to come out???" GREAT NEWS! The boys tweeted today that they're working on it. YAY! 



Aaaaaannd that's it! Have a great week you guys and Merry (early) Christmas!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! And I love Joey's voice! He is amazingness! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a nice voice...it sounds especially good in some songs! :)

      Delete
  2. I wasn't allowed to hear the Nick Jonas one and I actually refuse to listen to the Sam Smith one. No offense to Joe, but I feel like he's affected the band for the worse. I used to have a major crush on him and he's great and all but he's just too...idk...worldly? HE compromises to much I think. And yeah, baby it's cold outside was fabulous. I just wasn't a fan of the lyrics. I watched Rachael Potter's livestream with Joey once and had to cut it off because she cursed too much and was talking inappropriately. Which made me sad that Joe would work with someone like that. :( That's just my opinion though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, so I've been trying to reply to your comment and this is my 3rd time because I've messed up posting it. It's getting rather annoying. What you said is sad, and I agree with you. He could pick better songs to cover. He seems like he could grow and get stronger in the Lord. Also, his brother didn't impress me too much. He was sharing one of his new original songs on a recent livestream and it wasn't really impressive. He also has a nose ring (I hope I didn't just offend anyone) and he has a roommate/friend whom he owns a house with who is a girl. They're not together (that I know of at least), but it still didn't impress me. As for the song with Rachel Potter, I think they are just friends (that's the last I've heard) and she wanted him in her song. I also am not sure of what inappropriate language you are talking about as I don't think I've seen one of those livestreams all the way through, but that is sad. I've seen some of her X-factor stuff and she honestly doesn't dress very modestly, talks kinda rough, and isn't too impressive. She seems like a weak Christian (if she is one; she said she's Baptist, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one is a Christian, if that makes sense; no offense intended). Honestly, although I've kinda gotten used to it, the "Boomerang" music video was a bit disappointing too. Rachel does have an incredible voice, thought that is truly a talent/gift given to her by God. I think both Joey and Rachel could use some prayer. I just heard that Joey and his brother Donald just came out with their first little project together. It's their version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" I believe. I was happy that it was that song and not another "bad" one.

      As for "Baby, It's Cold Outside," it's an OK song, I guess. I mean there's worse and there's definitely better. I see where you're coming from though (for sure). :) Overall, Caleb and Kelsey have picked pretty good songs to cover! :)

      I think we have a little bit of stuff to pray about. ;) We still need to love them though because they are our family and Christ and Jesus tells us to do so. I do like Joey, but Kyle almost seems like a more "Godly" person. Have you heard any of his music or watched any of his videos? They're good. :)

      On the positive side, we still have the other 3 guys whose lives are pretty awesome!!! :D Thanks for the comment Kiah! At least I'm not alone!!! :)

      Have a great day! :)

      Delete