Thursday, February 4, 2016

You're Going to Love Spencer: An Open Letter to the Lightbulbs




Yes, it's true. Alan has officially left Anthem Lights to pursue his acting career. While we all love him and will continue to support him, things will not be the same. It's like the big crisis for the lightbulbs...our version of Zayn leaving One Direction. This hasn't happened to us since Kyle left in 2012. It's hard to believe. However, the difference between 1D and AL in this case is that we not only lose a member, but we also gain one. Oh, and let me tell you what...you all, if you're anything like me, you are going to LOVE him.





I've been a fan of Spencer for a couple of months now. I fell in love with his music and just him as a person. He used to be on the Christian youth sitcom iShine Knect. He also makes music on his own under the name Spencer Kane. He says the genre is Pop R&B and he focuses on making sure everything has a positive message. The fans of his music (oh, and his first public audition was when he was 13, so he has been doing this for a while) are called Kaneiacs. Spencer won New Release Tuesday's "The Next Big Thing In Christian Music" award in 2015. He plans to continue his solo career on the side even though he will now be a part of Anthem Lights. Check out a couple of his songs in the videos below:











Just a little more about Spencer...he's the youngest band member now at 19 years old. I personally think he's super adorable and has an amazing voice, but I would say I'm a little bit biased. I would encourage you, however, to check out his YouTube channel and go follow him on Twitter, Vine, Facebook, and Instagram. :) (I personally started liking him a couple months ago, and because I'm such a serious Kaneiac, I decided to join his street team.)





So yeah, it's hard that Alan is leaving, I know. But please don't freak out too much because we all ended up loving Joey, right? Plus, I know a lightbulb who ended up finding Spencer and focusing more on being a fan of him than Anthem Lights. Just saying... :P Now the awesomeoness is all mixed together and OH MY WORD IT IS AMAZING.

Plus, we can still see Alan in movies. :) Here's the trailer for the latest one he was in:




Spencer is also an actor and will be in the new Pure Flix movie, "God's Not Dead 2: He's Surely Alive." Watch the trailer below:





So, all in all, give Spencer a chance. I really think you all will like him. :) Also, I will be back more than normal on this blog in this year, so be sure to share this post with your fellow lightbulb friends and may we all stand strong in support of the new Anthem Lights! Come back every Saturday for a new blog post and be sure to follow us on our social media...Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest. Thanks guys! <3


4 comments:

  1. for some reason I've always pictured Alan as sort of the dad, if you know what I mean. ;) I will miss him. But boy was I surprised at it being Spencer!! I've been a fan of him for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I totally understand what you're saying...I think a lot of us viewed him as that. I said recently that he was like the "unspoken father" or maybe "leader" of the band. Yes, I've been a fan of Spencer for a little bit now (before he joined AL) and he's super adorable and amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving Spencer already. He's amazing and a perfect addition to the band. Even though I miss Alan and will forever, this dude is pretty cool. Can't wait to see what's next for Anthem Lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yasss! He's cute, talented, and seems to fit in with the boys. He and Joey are both hilarious and they already have a wonderful friendship. Should be a pretty amazing ride!

      Delete